I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in classes or services during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. I recognize that yoga requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. I understand that Yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. I understand Yoga is not a cure but a practice. Yoga is not recommended and is not safe under certain medical conditions. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in any physical fitness program, including yoga. I represent and warrant that I have no medical condition that would prevent my participation in physical fitness activities. I recognize that it is my responsibility to notify my teacher of pregnancy, any serious illness, or injury before every yoga class.
3. I understand that yoga includes physical movements as well as an opportunity for relaxation, stress re-education, and relief of muscular tension. Asana (yoga posture) means posture easily held. If at any time during the class, I feel discomfort or strain, I will gently come out of the posture. I may rest at any time during the class. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. If I experience any pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body and inform my teacher immediately.
4. I affirm that I alone am responsible to decide whether or not to practice yoga. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga classes, I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim I may have against the instructor, the owner, or the leaseholder of the building for injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in classes or workshops held at and/or by Awakening Consciousness Fellowship.
6. That if I participate in other classes or events held by the Awakening Consciousness Fellowship(such as dance, martial arts. etc.) that I will also assume full responsibility for any injuries that may result from my participation, with the same considerations that this waiver stipulates for yoga (items 1-5 above).
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above. Those under 18 years of age must have this form signed by a parent or guardian.